Cathy Roe is an attorney with experience in complex litigation matters. Her practice with F&S includes the energy, water, transportation and telecommunications industries, and related business and environmental issues, as well as commercial transactions, creditor’s rights, bankruptcy and insolvency.
Prior to joining F&S in 2023 Cathy was an associate at a Southern California law firm, where her practice focused on civil litigation. She also worked in-house as associate legal counsel for an Orange County-based company where she drafted commercial lease agreements, evaluated and advised on contracts and other legal documents, and consulted with outside litigation counsel.
Cathy is a graduate of UC College of the Law, San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings). She is a member of the State Bar of California. Prior to attending law school, Cathy earned her Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, in English at UCLA.
- Served as a volunteer counselor advising low-income clients on COVID-19- related matters
- Served on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee for the Consumer Attorneys of California
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Kimberly Menninger at the Superior Court of Orange County
- Served as a Research Advocacy Intern, drafting advocacy statements regarding international crimes of aggression for submission to the United States Human Rights Counsel (UNHRC) and arguing before the UNHRC in Geneva
- Represented clients as a student attorney with the Refugee & Human Rights Clinic at UC Law SF (formerly UC Hastings).
- Counseled clients through the Workers’ Rights Clinic at UC Law SF
- Senior Articles Editor, Hastings International & Comparative Law Review, 2018-2019